Married couples, hired to work as Cottage Parents, are very special individuals. Cottage Parents must be committed to being a strong, positive parental role model in a professional family-style setting. Cottage Parents teach social skills, self-help skills, academic skills, and independent living skills to youth in their cottage.
There are two living settings at the Bradenton campus:
- Boys or Girls - Up to ten boys or girls in each cottage, ages 8 to 18. These youth typically have a background of low self esteem, academic failure, and problem behaviors.
- Siblings - Up to ten boys and girls in sibling groups in each cottage, ages 3 to 18. These youth have been removed from their homes due to abuse and neglect. They are in need of loving care and understanding to help them deal with the trauma of separation.
Cottage Parents must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and a strong desire to help troubled boys and girls. Applicants will undergo a rigorous and extensive background screening process including drug testing and fingerprinting.
A Word from Our Cottage Parents:
The Youth Ranches offers so much support to us as cottage parents. We really enjoy working here.
Kelton and Faye Knight
We have worked here for over 10 years. It is a wonderful opportunity to help change the lives of these youngsters.
A.C. and Sandy Davis
We take great pride in the success of these boys. It’s so rewarding to see them turn their lives around.
Carl and Laurie Eichar
Salary and Benefit Information:
- $53,500 annual starting salary per couple ($26,750 each)
- Housing, food and utilities provided while on duty
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance provided at no cost to employee
- Dental, vision, and variety of supplemental insurance plans available
- Specific professional skill-based training
- Full-service credit union
- 401k Plan with up to 4% employer match
- Employee assistance program
- Work schedule – 14 days on, 7 days off
For more information, please contact:
Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranch-Bradenton/Sarasota - Doug Gillum, 751 Rye Wilderness Road, Bradenton, FL 34212-9461, (941) 776-1777, DGillum@youthranches.org
To apply, please download our employment application.
We Are A Drug Free Workplace And An Equal Opportunity Employer.