The Maintenance I position involves routine maintenance of buildings, grounds, vehicles, and equipment at the Bradenton Campus.
The Maintenance I position is directly responsible to the Supervisor of Maintenance.
This part time position is eligible for overtime pay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
The following duties and responsibilities are given as examples of the various types of work performed in this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Exhibits thoroughness and diligence while maintaining the upkeep of the grounds including: mowing grass, trimming hedges, cleaning walkways, weeding flower beds, and keeping the facilities in an orderly condition.
- Practices punctuality when maintenance requests are made for building repairs, vehicle repairs and routine service.
- Is alert to the routine repairs of buildings as it pertains to plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, and appliance repair.
- Demonstrates orderliness by arranging tools, equipment, and inventory in a manner that is effective and efficient in order to promote a clean and tidy work conditions.
- Exercises discretion and self control while maintaining the character trait of virtue in order to be an appropriate role model for group leaders and youth at all times.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and thriftiness of the agency’s resources when requesting the purchase of supplies, equipment and materials and then picking them up in town.
- Displays honor, obedience, and flexibility when direction is given or a request is made thus contributing to the smooth operation and success of the Youth Ranches programs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The person filling this position must have a high school diploma or GED. Previous work experience in lieu of formal education may be considered. A valid Florida driver’s license in good standing is required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each area of responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must have basic knowledge of the operation of tools and equipment used in general maintenance and repair work.
- Must have techniques for storing equipment, supplies, and materials and be organized.
- Must have the ability to read, interpret and follow rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, work independently with limited supervision and report back to supervisor with truthfulness.
- Must have the ability to plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines in an environment with changing priorities.
The physical requirements described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, listen, talk, use hands/fingers, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 5O pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close, distance, peripheral, and depth perception. The employee must be able to hear and will be subjected to loud noises.
Working conditions for this job generally include outdoor weather conditions, working near mechanical moving parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally working in wet, humid conditions, high, precarious places, and exposure to fumes, airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
$10.25 Hourly. Part-time. 20 hours per week.
For more information, please contact:
Florida Sheriffs Boys Ranch - Bradenton/Sarasota – Doug Gillum, Program Director, 751 Rye Wilderness Road NE, Bradenton, FL 34212-9461, 941-776-1777 or 1-800-765-3797, email@example.com.
To apply, please click here to download our employment application.
We Are A Drug Free Workplace And An Equal Opportunity Employer.